Gryon - Fête et Festival
For centuries, the tradition has been for summer cottagers to invite their families and friends as well as cattle owners to the midsummer festival.
The alpine pasture of Taveyanne and its authentic chalets with their wooden roofs hosts this event each year on the first weekend of August. The poet Juste Olivier, a cantor of the county of Vaud, immortalised this festival with his famous Midsummer song, which the festival participants sing on Sunday before the “Picoulet” dance... (this year the picoulet dance will not take place due to health restrictions).
On the programme
Saturday 31st July:
- 7.30 pm: Grilled meat and fried tomatoes. Country concert "Les Tsapons".
Sunday 1st August:
- 05h00: Diane in the village
- 10:00 am: Midsummer worship
- 12:00: Grill and ham on the bone. Pan-fried tomatoes and pastries
- 1.30 p.m.: August 1st speech by the syndic. National anthem and Midsummer song.
Free shuttle bus from Les Chaux from 10.30 am
Find the flyer below