Bretaye - Roc d'Orsay - Grand Chamossaire - Petite Chamossaire - Bretaye
This walk along the ridges of the highest peak in Villars, the Grand Chamossaire, will offer you breath-taking views.
Starting from Bretaye (or Roc d'Orsay), you head for the top of Grand Chamossaire, at 2,112 m, where a panoramic view of the whole of the Vaud Alps as far as Lake Geneva awaits you! Then follow the path along the ridge leading to the neighbouring peak of Le Petit Chamossaire at 2,010 m. Walk back down to the chair lift of the same name and to Lac Noir and then back to Bretaye. You can also do this walk in the opposite direction.
The train from Villars to Bretaye is included in the Free Access Card durant l'été, consulter les horaires sur CFF.ch.
The Roc d'Orsay cable car is included in the Magic Pass 2018-2019 and the Free Access Card.
- parking du Centenaire, in front of the train station (fee)
- parking de Rochegrise, 200m away from the train station "Rochegrise", free of charge, limited to 10h
- parking du Roc d'Orsay, in front of the cablecar start, free of charge
A few pointers:
- Stay on the marked paths
- Make sure you know your route and the weather conditions
- Respect flora and fauna
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect private property
- Close all gates behind you
- Keep dogs on leads
- Start point
- 5 km
- Difference in height
- 415 Metres
|0 km||5 km|
From 1 mai 2019 To 30 oct. 2019
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)