Bretaye - Col de la Croix - Villars
Including Lake Bretaye, views of the Ormonts valley and the gypsum pyramids and alpine meadows of the Col de la Croix.
Start at Col de Bretaye (take the Villars-Bretaye train), then follow route 573 through some magnificent scenery. Although this is a sports route, there are no technical difficulties and you mainly ride along forest and tarmac roads.
You can get to Bretaye by train thanks to the BVB train from Villars.
SBB tickets are valid on this route.
The train journey (with mountain bike or e-bike) is included with the Free Access Card and the Magic Pass until 25 October 2020.
Signs: route number 573
A few pointers:
- Look after flora and fauna and take your rubbish with you
- Give way to hikers and treat them with respect
- Keep to the permitted tracks and control your speed at all times
- Respect private property, close gates to fields and do not ride across fields
- Wear a helmet
Mountain bike map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- 21 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 485 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 1046 Metres
|0 km||21 km|