From Lake Les Chavonnes, you follow a trail through snowy forests and meadows towards Laouissalet, through a variety of alpine landscapes.
Bretaye-Lac des Chavonnes-Vy Boveyre-Conche-Bretaye
In the land of mountain lakes, sometimes covered with snow, sometimes with ice, these popular areas for walking in the summer have a completely different look in the winter. Along this trail, you can admire Lake Bretaye, catch a glimpse of Lake Noir and take a break on the shores of Lake Les Chavonnes.
From Villars, you start this trail at Bretaye then head for the tranquil Lake les Chavonnes, with the restaurant of the same name. Then you head off in the direction of Vy-Bovyre and Conche.
Once back in Bretaye, you take the train back to Villars enjoying spectacular views of the Vaudoises Alps.
Starting point: Bretaye, take the train from Villars then walk/snow shoe to Lake les Chavonnes
A few safety requirements :
- Always check the weather forecast and snow conditions before leaving (no departure without visibility)
- Have with you a map or a plan of the route
- Respect the road marking and the bans
- Always visualize the following beacon since the place where you are
- Be wary of false tracks and do not hesitate to turn back in case of doubt
- Watch to carry of the adequate material(equipment), the drink and if possible a mobile phone
- You make a commitment on the plans of hikes, tracks of bottom or sled under your own responsibility
- We disclaim all liability in the event of an accident, of distraction or problem inherent to forces of Nature
- By respect for the fauna and the environment, please keep your dog on a leash and collect its dropping and do not leave waste in the nature
WInter nordic map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- 5.1 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 225 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 225 Metres
|0 km||5.1 km|
Return ticket by train (Villars-Bretaye)
- With the Magic Pass
- With the Liberty Pass
- Regular train ticket - adult
- CHF 25.-
- Regular train ticket - child
- CHF 12.50