Easy to moderate snowshoe trail in the bucolic setting of the forest of Sodoleuvre and the snow-covered Alpine meadows of Taveyanne.
Les Chaux - Taveyanne - Combe du Scex
After arriving at the top of the cable car, turn left, carefully cross the ski run, and pass the Swiss Ski School on the right-hand side; at the start of the cross-country ski track to Taveyanne, enter the forest on the left and head downhill until you reach a forest track. Continue on it for about 200 metres, then turn right and head downhill to Le Luissalet.
Head downhill through the forest for about 300 metres. When you reach the junction with another trail, turn right and follow this trail to the Alpine meadows at Taveyanne. Continue onward to the hamlet; head back for about 2 kilometres and then along the hillside (Chemin des Raies) to the ski run (passing under the chair lift). Carefully cross the 4 ski runs and climb the little knoll to your left. Enter the forest and continue downhill for 100 metres to the car park (option: take the Gryon shuttle down to the Combe du Scex stop).
A few safety requirements :
- Always check the weather forecast and snow conditions before leaving (no departure without visibility)
- Have with you a map or a plan of the route
- Respect the road marking and the bans
- Always visualize the following beacon since the place where you are
- Be wary of false tracks and do not hesitate to turn back in case of doubt
- Watch to carry of the adequate material(equipment), the drink and if possible a mobile phone
- You make a commitment on the plans of hikes, tracks of bottom or sled under your own responsibility
- We disclaim all liability in the event of an accident, of distraction or problem inherent to forces of Nature
- By respect for the fauna and the environment, please keep your dog on a leash and collect its dropping and do not leave waste in the nature
- Start point
- 7.5 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 216 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 411 Metres
|0 km||7.5 km|