Snowshoe Trail of easy level to medium, in the bucolic frame of the forest of Sodoleuvre and the high mountain pasture of Taveyanne, then return towards Villars by Coufin and La Verneyre.
Combe du Scex (Alpe des Chaux) - Taveyanne - La Verneyre - Villars (Rochegrises)
Since the "Combe du Scex" (Alpe des Chaux), rise 100m in the forest, then come down on the right and cross carefully 4 ski runs.
Follow the forest track on approximately 2 km, until Taveyanne. Follow the bottom of the hamlet and come down on your left (towards the line of posts). Leave then to custard tart of hillside to the right by following the marking.
Go down, cross the cross-country ski run and continue in a clearing by following the tray (posts). Return on the thorough track on 10m then set to the left in a parallel to the thorough track.
Cross carefully the river on the bridge of snow, then continue until two chalets and follow the thorough track on 10m. Turn left. Follow the river (can be covered with snow) on approximately 1 km and go back up on your right towards the thorough track. Return on Villars, follow the thorough track up to "Roches Grises".
Possible also to come down from the arrival of the cable car of Les Chaux until Taveyanne.
Free parking lot to Barboleuse and possibility of returning since Villars with the train BVB.
Access to "Les Chaux" with the cable car since Barboleuse
Access to the "Combe du Scex" with the bus shuttle Gryon or by car (free parking lot in the center of the "Alpe des Chaux" or Frience, then continue the road by rising until its terminus).
A few safety requirements :
- Always check the weather forecast and the snow conditions before leaving (no departure without visibility)
- Have with you a map or a plan of the route
- Respect the road marking and the bans
- Always visualize the following beacon since the place where you are
- Be wary of false tracks and do not hesitate to turn back in case of doubt
- Watch to carry of the adequate material(equipment), the drink and if possible a mobile phone
- You make a commitment on the plans of hikes, tracks of bottom or sled under your own responsibility
- We disclaim all liability in the event of an accident, of distraction or problem inherent to forces of Nature
- By respect for the fauna and the environment, please keep your dog on a leash and collect its dropping and do not leave waste in the nature
WInter nordic map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- 10 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 244 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 463 Metres
|0 km||10 km|