Alpe des chaux (Combe du Scex) - Sodoleuvre - Les Frasses
Packed-snow hike in the ski area between Alpe des Chaux (Combe du Scex) Sodoleuvre and Les Frasses.
Intermediate-level hike, partially forested and scenic, in the ski area of Les Chaux, offering spectacular views of the Rhone Valley and the Dents du midi.
From Combe du Scex (Alpe des Chaux), ascend 100 m through the forest then descent along the ski run to your left. Shortly before Croix de Gryon, cross the ski run with caution, then follow the trail to Restaurant l'Etable. Descend below the restaurant, then continue left along the ski run to Les Frasses. From Les Frasses, you can continue to Barboleuse along the road or turn back.
This hike can also be done in the opposite direction.
Free parking lot to Barboleuse and possibility of returning since Villars with the train BVB.
Access to the "Combe du Scex" with the bus shuttle Gryon or by car (free parking lot in the center of the "Alpe des Chaux" or Frience, then continue the road by rising until its terminus).
A few safety requirements :
- Always check the weather forecast and the snow conditions before leaving (no departure without visibility)
- Have with you a map or a plan of the route
- Respect the road marking and the bans
- Always visualize the following beacon since the place where you are
- Be wary of false tracks and do not hesitate to turn back in case of doubt
- Watch to carry of the adequate material(equipment), the drink and if possible a mobile phone
- You make a commitment on the plans of hikes, tracks of bottom or sled under your own responsibility
- We disclaim all liability in the event of an accident, of distraction or problem inherent to forces of Nature
- By respect for the fauna and the environment, please keep your dog on a leash and collect its dropping and do not leave waste in the nature
- Start point
- 4 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 60 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 273 Metres
|0 km||4 km|