Les Ecovets - Huémoz - Glutière - Ollon
A route from mountains to vineyard between Les Ecovets and the charming village of Ollon
Starting from Les Ecovets (Villars), this hike takes you from the mountains to the vineyard village of Ollon, alternating between open views and sections through the woods.
Head for En Curnaux taking the path arriving in front of the Restaurant des Ecovets.
Near the exercise trail, head for Huémoz. You’ll have to cross the main road several times as you walk down through the pastures to Glutières and then the charming village of Ollon, surrounded by vineyards.
Free parking in Les Ecovets.
The regular Aigle-Villars (144) service runs every hour to take you back to Villars. The closest bus stop to Les Ecovets is Chesières-Soleil. Walk up the rue du Crêt de la Prairie, then take the Les Ecovets road on the left.
A few pointers:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Make sure you’ve got the right equipment; sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferably), suitable clothing and protection from bad weather
- Take sufficient food and drink.
- Bring a first aid kit.
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires and refrain from lighting fires in dry conditions
- Take your rubbish with you
- Start point
- 5.4 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 889 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 80 Metres
|0 km||5.4 km|