Les Chaux - Chaux Ronde (Croix des Chaux) - Taveyanne
An alternative for mountain hikers, from Les Chaux to Taveyanne
Starting from the building at the top of Les Chaux gondola, head up the concrete slope towards Croix des Chaux (Chaux Ronde), walk round the left side of the lake, then keep going up to Croix des Chaux (top of Chaux Ronde), one of the finest panoramic viewpoints in the region.
Carefully cross the little ridge, then follow the path that ends in Taveyanne (only when weather is good and the ground dry).
From Taveyanne, you can return to La Barboleuse by the Chemin des Raies or continue on to Villars (via Coufin) or Les Diablerets.
Access to the start of the hike :
- from Barboleuse with the Chaux cable car from July to October or by shuttle bus in June
- access to Barboleuse with the BVB train from Villars, Gryon or Bex.
- parking in Barboleuse or at the start of the cable car
A few pointers:
- Stay on the marked paths
- Make sure you know your route and the weather conditions
- Respect flora and fauna
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect private property
- Close all gates behind you
- Keep dogs on leads
Document to download
Hiking map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- 3.9 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 333 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 450 Metres
|0 km||3.9 km|