Lac Retaud - Isenau - Metreile - Arpille - La Para (2'540m)- Col de Seron - Arpille - Chalet d'Isenau - Isenau
A challenging route with an impressive 360 vista at the summit
From Lake Retaud follow the road to Isenau. From Isenau, follow the road for about 200 metres then the footpath to La Crua and keep going to Metreile. From Metreile, climb the steep path to Arpille, then keep going to the summit of La Para. From the summit, the path heads down to Col du Seron, then to Arpille. From here, keep going on the narrow path that crosses below the summit of La Chaux to the Isenau Mountain Chalet, then to La Marnèche snack bar and then back to your starting point in Lake Retaud.
Try some of the local produce at the Isenau Mountain Chalet (cheese, serac, etc).
On your way to La Para, you might be lucky to get a glimpse of some ibex and marmots while you walk.
Stop at the La Marnèche snack bar with its beautiful terrace offering stunning views of the Les Diablerets mountains.
Take the postbus from Les Diablerets railway station to Col du Pillon then Diablobus from Col du Pillon to Lake Retaud (during the Free Access Card period).
By car from les Diablerets to Lake Retaud
Free parking at Col du Pillon and Lake Retaud.
Follow the official footpath signs
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- Les Diablerets
- 12.5 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 888 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 888 Metres
|0 km||12.5 km|