Isenau - La Palette - Col des Andérets - Isenau
A challenging trail (1st section) above Isenau with stunning views of the Diablerets mountains and Lake Arnon (Arnensee)
From Isenau, follow the small road for about 300 metres until you get to La Marnèche, then keep going along the footpath past the top of the Palette ski tow. The path then becomes steep and narrow up to the top of La Palette. From the summit, the path slopes gently down to Col des Andérêts.
At Col des Andérêts, there are 2 options:
No. 1: continue the route to the Isenau Mountain Chalet then to Isenau.
No. 2: continue to Col du Voré past the Chalet Vieux mountain pastures, then to Lake Retaud and finally to Col du Pillon.
Try some of the local produce at the Isenau and Chalet Vieux Mountain Chalet (cheese, serac, etc).
Stop at the La Marnèche snack bar with its beautiful terrace offering stunning views of the Les Diablerets mountains.
In fine weather, you can bathe in Lake Retaud or have a picnic on the shores of this peaceful expanse of water.
Restaurants at Lake Retaud and Col de Pillon
Take the postbus from Les Diablerets railway station to Col du Pillon then Diablobus from Col du Pillon to Lake Retaud (during the Free Access Card period). Then walk from Lake Retaud to Isenau (30 minutes).
Isenau can also be accessed on foot from the village (about 2 hrs)
Free parking at Col du Pillon and Lake Retaud.
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- Les Diablerets
- 5.2 km
- Difference in height
- 406 Metres
|0 km||5.2 km|