Col de la Croix - Encrène - Tête de Meilleret - Les Mazots - Col de la Croix
A moderately difficult route with different views of Les Diablerets, the mountains and the hills of Villars
Starting from Col de la Croix, follow the path to Col d'Encrène, then continue along the ridge to the Tête de Meilleret. To return, follow the path to the Restaurant Les Mazots, then along the road to Col de la Croix (approx. 1 km).
Starting from the path at Col de la Croix, make a little detour to admire the gypsum pyramids, a geological curiosity formed by erosion.
At Col de la Croix, take the time to stop at the “Chez la Francine” snack bar or make a short detour to the La Croix Mountain Chalet.
By car or bus to Col de la Croix (15 min from Les Diablerets).
On foot from Les Diablerets via Tréchadèze (2 hr 30).
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
- Start point
- 5.7 km
- Difference in height
- 331 Metres
|0 km||5.7 km|