Isenau - Col des Andérets - Col d'Isenau - Sommet de la Chaux - Arpille - Isenau
A moderately difficult route with different views of Les Diablerets, Pays d'En-Haut and Lake Arnon (Arnensee).
From the Lake Retaud, follow the footpath that goes up towards Isenau, then walk to la Marnèche and then the Isenau Mountain Chalet. Then follow the footpath to Col des Andérets and fork left to Col d'Isenau. Then start the climb to the La Chaux Summit. The route continues along a ridge then into a little cirque to Arpille. From there, continue on the narrow path that crosses below the summit of La Chaux to the Isenau Mountain Chalet, and then to Isenau.
In Isenau, there are 2 options:
No. 1: return to Col du Pillon via Lake Retaud (approx. 1 hr)
No. 2: return to the village by the Crêtes path (approx. 1 hr)
Try some of the local produce at the Isenau Mountain Chalet (cheese, serac, etc).
Stop at the La Marnèche snack bar with its beautiful terrace offering stunning views of the Les Diablerets mountains.
Take the postbus from Les Diablerets railway station to Col du Pillon then Diablobus from Col du Pillon to Lake Retaud (during the Free Access Card period). Then walk from Lake Retaud to Isenau (30 minutes).
Isenau can also be accessed on foot from the village (about 2 hrs).
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- Les Diablerets
- 9.2 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 512 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 629 Metres
|0 km||9.2 km|