Isenau (towards Chersaule to Semeleys) - Pic Chaussy - La Ville - Les Granges - Les Diablerets
Challenging route (for the 2nd part between Les Semeleys and Pic Chaussy) with stunning views of Les Diablerets, Pays d'en Haut and Lake Lioson.
From Isenau, follow the road for about 200 metres then the footpath to La Crua, then Metreile. Continue towards Chersaule via Marnex, La Dix, La Lé then to Les Semeleys. From there, take the steep footpath to the summit of Pic Chaussy.
At the summit of Pic Chaussy, there are 2 options:
No. 1: return to the village by retracing your steps to Les Semeleys, then keep going to Chersaule, La Ville, Les Granges and Les Diablerets.
No. 2: continue the route to Les Mosses via Lake Lioson (return by bus and train).
The Marnex Mountain Chalet makes cheese during the summer (July and August).
Before getting to the Pic Chaussy summit, the path takes you between the imposing avalanche barriers then along the ridge.
Take the postbus from Les Diablerets railway station to Col du Pillon then Diablobus from Col du Pillon to Lake Retaud (during the Free Access Card period). Then walk from Lake Retaud to Isenau (30 minutes).
Isenau can also be accessed on foot from the village (about 2 hrs)
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- Les Diablerets
- 18.6 km
- Difference in height
- 850 Metres
|0 km||18.6 km|