Scex-Rouge - Dôme - Scex-Rouge
Hiking in complete freedom, easy Alpine route
The ingredients for an extraordinary experience at the summit are quite simple: a wide and pleasant trail, surrounded by stones and rocks, pure fresh air to breathe and a breath-taking view. The Dome Hike is a magnificent walk that starts from the station of Scex Rouge at the summit to the Dome located at 3,016 meters above sea level. Once you reach the summit, you will probably be blown away - not literally but by the breath-taking view of the glacier, the valleys below and the summit of Les Diablerets - a just reward for all your efforts!
By the post bus from the station at Les Diablerets to the Col du Pillon then the Glacier 3000 cable car (Col du Pillon - Scex-Rouge).
Access to Scex-Rouge is also possible on foot from the Col du Pillon (about 4h30)
Free parking at the Col du Pillon.
Marking: follow the official marking of the hiking trails
A few tips:
- Plan your hike (route, duration, weather).
- Have the right equipment; sturdy footwear (preferably boots), suitable clothing and protection against the elements
- Take sufficient food and drink.
- Provide a pocket first-aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in the weather
- Do not tread on the grass and crops
- Close all the pasture gates
- Put out fires and do not light fires in case of drought
- Take your waste away with you
- When in doubt, turn round in time
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- Les Diablerets
- 2 km
- Difference in height
- 124 Metres
|0 km||2 km|