Scex-Rouge - Quille du Diable - Scex-Rouge
An easy hike on the snow
Those who explore the Glacier 3000 domain will get up close and personal with the unique nature and store up some unforgettable images. The marked path across the glacier, the Glacier Walk, is perfectly suitable for this purpose. It connects Scex Rouge to the Quille du Diable and is accessible all year round. The hike starts directly at the station of Scex Rouge at the summit. Those who prefer a slightly easier time can descend the glacier using the Ice Express chairlift and start hiking on the snow from there.
After one hour you reach the Refuge l'Espace restaurant on the edge of the glacier, near the Quille du Diable. There is a splendid view over the Derborence valley and the Valais. The wide choice of tasty dishes offered at the refuge is a chance for a high-class gourmet pause.
By the post bus from the station at Les Diablerets to the Col du Pillon then the Glacier 3000 cable car (Col du Pillon - Scex-Rouge).
Access to Scex-Rouge is also possible on foot from the Col du Pillon (about 4h30)
Free parking at the Col du Pillon.
Marking: follow the official marking of the hiking trails
A few tips:
- Plan your hike (route, duration, weather).
- Have the right equipment; sturdy footwear (preferably boots), suitable clothing and protection against the elements
- Take sufficient food and drink.
- Provide a pocket first-aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in the weather
- Do not tread on the grass and crops
- Close all the pasture gates
- Put out fires and do not light fires in case of drought
- Take your waste away with you
- When in doubt, turn round in time