Scex-Rouge - Quille du Diable - Sanetsch
Ice and Water - Medium difficulty hike
The magnificent "Ice and Water" hike follows the source of the Saane and leads from the station of Scex Rouge at the summit over the glacier via the Quille du Diable to the Col du Sanetsch and Sanetsch Lake. Enjoy the unique views and impressions of this world of ice and water during a walk of about 5 hours. You will see a variety of fauna and flora in the middle of this landscape of rocky crevasses. The Valais Alps, Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn create a truly extraordinary setting.
Depending on the conditions, hiking is possible from July to September.
By post bus from the Les Diablerets station to the Col du Pillon then the Glacier 3000 cable car (Col du Pillon - Scex-Rouge).
Access to Scex-Rouge is also possible on foot from the Col du Pillon (about 4h30)
Marking: follow the official marking of the hiking trails
A few tips:
- Plan your hike (route, duration, weather).
- Have the right equipment; sturdy footwear (preferably boots), suitable clothing and protection against the elements
- Take sufficient food and drink.
- Provide a pocket first-aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in the weather
- Do not tread on the grass and crops
- Close all the pasture gates
- Put out fires and do not light fires in case of drought
- Take your waste away with you
- When in doubt, turn round in time
- Start point
- Les Diablerets
- 13.5 km
- Difference in height
- 130 Metres
|0 km||13.5 km|