Col du Pillon - Cabane des Diablerets - Scex-Rouge
A tough hike in the mountains
This demanding mountain hike starts at Col du Pillon, near the downstream station of Glacier 3000 and lasts more than four hours. A winding mountain path leads to the CAS hut "Cabane des Diablerets" at 2,500 meters. The path then becomes steeper. After walking over the eternal snows of the glacier, you reach your goal: the station at the summit of Scex Rouge. On the terrace of the Botta restaurant, enjoy the magnificent panorama and savour its culinary delights. The cable car descends to the valley every 20 minutes. Those who still have enough energy can walk back, which will take about two and a half hours.
By the post bus from the station at Les Diablerets to the Col du Pillon.
Free parking at the Col du Pillon.
Marking: follow the official marking of the hiking trails
A few tips:
- Plan your hike (route, duration, weather).
- Have the right equipment; sturdy footwear (preferably boots), suitable clothing and protection against the elements
- Take sufficient food and drink.
- Provide a pocket first-aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in the weather
- Do not tread on the grass and crops
- Close all the pasture gates
- Put out fires and do not light fires in case of drought
- Take your waste away with you
- When in doubt, turn round in time
- Start point
- Les Diablerets
- 6.3 km
- Difference in height
- 1448 Metres
|0 km||6.3 km|