Reusch - Oldenegg - Oldenhorn
Eternal snow in full view
A forest of fir trees and picturesque waterfalls form the backdrop of this mountain trail which begins at the bottom station of Reusch in direction of Oldenalp. After leaving behind the wild, mineral-rich valley of Audon, you get to the gorge of the same name, with the Tsanfleuron glacier right next to it. After the last and quite steep ascent of this challenging hiking tour of more than 5 hours, a view of eternal snow fields and peaks rewards the eye – irresistible in their beauty. From the Becca d’Audon summit (3'122 m), a spectacular panorama of 24 four-thousanders opens up, all part of the impressive Alpine chain.
By postbus from the train station of Les Diablerets to Reusch (crossing the Col du Pillon).
Free parking in Reusch.
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)
- 8.5 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 1853 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 109 Metres
|0 km||8.5 km|