Les Diablerets - Col de la Croix - Pyramides de Gypse
A unique geological phenomenon in the Vaud Alps
The gypsum pyramids came into being as a result of erosion and are considered a geological rarity. They can be found at the Col de la Croix between Villars and Les Diablerets.
In the course of time, water and wind eroded the sedimentary geological structures, forming impressive pyramids. They are situated in an untouched nature scenery near the Col de la Croix at an altitude of 1778 metres. From up there, a beautiful view of the Diablerets massif can be enjoyed.
Alpine cabin "Chez la Francine" on the Col de la Croix
On foot: from the village, take the path to the Col de la Croix via Tréchadèze to the parking area of the Col de la Croix. Then follow the signposts to the pyramids (15 minutes)
By car: from Les Diablerets, drive in the direction of Villars to the Col de la Croix. Then follow the signposts to the pyramids (15 minutes)
By bus: take the postbus to the Col de la Croix. Then follow the signposts to the pyramids (15 minutes)
By cable car: in Les Diablerets, take the "Diablerets Express" cable car to Les Mazots. Be sure to inquire about the timetable.
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
- 6.5 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 688 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 67 Metres
|0 km||6.5 km|