Isenau - Chersaule - La Ville - Les Diablerets
An easy route with a beautiful view of the village and the Diablerets massif along the entire walk
Starting at the Retaud lake, you take the footpath to Isenau. There, you follow the path for another 200 metres and then take the footpath in the direction of La Crua, then Metreile. Walk on to Chersaule, passing Marnex, La Dix, La Lé, and La Première. This part of the tour is called "Les Traverses". Then follow the small road in the direction of La Ville, Le Lavanchy and on to Les Diablerets.
At the Alpine cabin of Marnex, you can visit the cheese dairy and taste regional products.
Between Marnex and La Première, impressive avalanche barriers can be admired on the south side of the Chaussy mountain chain which protect the Ormonts valley since the disastrous avalanches of 1984
The postbus runs from the train station of Les Diablerets to the Col du Pillon, then you can take the Diablo bus from the Col du Pillon to the Retaud lake (minibus with 26 seats, during the period of the Free Access Card).
Free parking at Col du Pillon and Lake Retaud.
Follow the official footpath signs
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- Les Diablerets
- 15 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 348 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 876 Metres
|0 km||15 km|