Les Mazots - La Bierla - Vers l'Eglise - Les Diablerets
From Les Mazots you take the path beneath the hamlet which runs near the cable car until you get to a forest path further down. You continue on this to La Bierla and on to Vers-l'Eglise. Return to Les Diablerets on the Route des Côtes.
This route can also be walked in the reverse direction.
Mountain restaurant Les Mazots
Near Les Mazots: Alpine cabin at the Col de la Croix, gypsum pyramids
In Vers-l'Eglise: Ormonts museum, church of Vers-l'Eglise with a beautiful cobblestone yard
You can access to Les Mazot by car, bus or with the "Diablerets Express" cable car to Les Mazots.
Be sure to inquire about the timetable.
Follow the official footpath signs
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)
- Start point
- Les Diablerets
- 8 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 127 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 687 Metres
|0 km||8 km|