Les Diablerets - Creux de Champs - Refuge de Pierredar and return
A challenging and partly precipitous route
You start out in Les Diablerets, walking from the centre of the village along the river "La Grande Eau" in the direction of Le Droutzay and on to Creux de Champs. As you get to an enormous rock you turn slightly left. At first the path is relatively level, but then it steepens quite quickly, and you climb up through forests, pastures, and boulders to the Pierredar mountain cabin.
If there’s a chance of heavy thunderstorms, this route should be avoided.
The Pierredar mountain cabin is open from mid-June to mid-September. Overnight stays and meals are possible upon reservation.
To return to Les Diablerets there are two options:
1: using the same route as on the way there
2: using the Le Drudy hiking trail (please note it is a trail marked blue-white-blue, quite precipitous)
Leave your car in the parking area of the congress centre in Les Diablerets. It is free of charge with unlimited parking time.
Follow the official footpath signs
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)
- 6.8 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 1165 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 33 Metres
|0 km||6.8 km|