Gare de Villars - Route du Col de la Croix - la Verneyre
Discover the “Trail of Bridges”, set in stunning and quiet natural surroundings.
The trail begins in Villars and leads via the Col de la Croix road to La Verneyre.
Starting at the Villars railway station, walk in the direction of Rochegrise and Centre des Sports. Next, take the Col de Croix road to your right and follow it for several hundred metres. Shortly after that, you will see a trail covered in tree bark to your right; this is where your hike starts.
You will pass 27 bridges, two stairways and a dozen sculptures carved from the trees by the forestry service of the municipality of Ollon.
On a shady forest trail along the Gryonne River, you reach La Verneyre (buvette only open in winter).
From this point, you have several options:
- return to Villars by the same trail, with the possibility to reach Arveyes (towards Barboleuse)
- ascend to the summit of Col de la Croix
- the route via Refuge du Luissalet to Gryon (option to reach the top of the Les Chaux chairlift)
- 4.5 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 249 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 79 Metres
|0 km||4.5 km|