Lac Retaud - Isenau - Col du Voré - Lac Retaud (tour de la Palette) - Le Rard - Col du Pillon - Les Diablerets
An easy hiking tour with a nice view of the Arnen lake
Starting out at the Retaud lake (which can be reached by car, on foot, or by Diablo bus during the period of the Free Access Card), you follow the footpath in the direction of Isenau to La Marnèche and on to the Isenau mountain cabin. Then you take the path to the Col des Andérets and further via Les Chalet Vieux to the Col du Voré. There, you take the steep downhill path for some 200 metres in the direction of the Retaud lake. Before you get to the lake, turn in the direction of Le Rard and end the hike on the Col du Pillon.
This hiking tour can also be walked in the reverse direction.
On the Col du Pillon there are two options:
1: Continue the hike via Dar waterfall to Les Diablerets (1.5 h)
2: Take the postbus to the train station of Les Diablerets.
If the weather is nice, you can swim in the Retaud lake or enjoy a picnic in its peaceful surroundings.
Alpine cabin: La Marnèche
Alpine dairies: Chalet Isenau and Chalet Vieux
Restaurants: Retaud lake and Col de Pillon.
The postbus runs from the train station of Les Diablerets to the Col du Pillon, then you can take the Diablo bus from the Col du Pillon to the Retaud lake (minibus with 26 seats, during the period of the Free Access Card).
Free parking at Col du Pillon and Lake Retaud.
Follow the official footpath signs
A few tips and recommendations:
- Plan your walk (route, length, weather).
- Dress appropriately: sturdy footwear (climbing boots preferable), suitable clothing and wet weather gear
- Take sufficient food and drinks.
- First aid kit
- Be attentive to changes in weather
- Do not trample on grass or crops
- Close all gates behind you
- Put out fires, and do not make fires in the event of drought
- Take your rubbish with you
- If in doubt, turn back early
Useful numbers: Weather forecast 162 - Police 117 - Ambulance 144 - REGA 1414
Summer hiking map (application/pdf)
- 6.31 km
- Positive altitude difference
- 368 Metres
- Negative altitude difference
- 370 Metres
|0 km||6.31 km|