If you're looking for a fun day out with family or friends, try swooping down the Bretaye or Les Chaux slopes on a specially adapted off-road scooter. If you don't like pedalling, then this is just the thing for you!
The ideal outdoor activity, dirt scooters are a fun way to explore the Villars-Gryon area. Hop onto the gondola at Roc d’ Orsay or Les Chaux or start your adventure on the BVB railway from Bretaye. Then off you go! Follow the trails from Roc d’Orsay to Villars via Bretaye and Col de Soud or head down to Les Chaux to Barboleuse via the typical hamlet of Taveyanne.
Half-day equipment hire available (morning or afternoon).
It’s recommended to book equipment with the sports shop of your choice.
Booking is required for groups.
- children must be at least 1.30 m to participate
- helmets must be worn and are provided by sports shops
- this is a mountain sport; please be respectful of other users (hikers, cyclists) and wildlife
- after heavy rain, the trails might become impassable. The sports shops will advise you accordingly to ensure your safety
Free Access Card
The hire of an off-road scooter is included with the Free Access Card.
Conditions of hire:
- hire of the equipment per half-day (morning or afternoon)
- access to the start of off-road scooter routes is by train (Villars-Bretaye) or cable car (Roc d'Orsay in Villars). These modes of transport are included with the Free Access Card.
- as the number of off-road scooters available in the sports shops is limited, a reservation directly with the shops is recommended.