As part of the modernisation of the Villars sports facilities, a new fitness centre and the renovation of the reception building with a restaurant, two multi-purpose rooms and an accommodation area will be created.
The Villars Sports Centre SA is pleased to announce the start of the construction of a new fitness centre and the renovation of the ice rink restaurant building. This project was validated by the local council in March 2021.
The main changes:
- A new fitness centre will be built on the site of the old curling rink. It will be composed of 3 levels.
The lower ground floor will house the men's and women's changing rooms, an underground access to the Villars baths as well as two physiotherapy rooms with an outdoor area.
The ground floor will contain a reception area and the group class room.
On the first floor, there will be a fitness room with a 360 degree view.
In the new reception building, the following will be created
- A new common cash desk with reception for the ice rink, the Bains de Villars and the fitness centre
- A restaurant
- Multi-purpose reception rooms
- On the first floor, 14 rooms, each with a shower room, which can accommodate up to 49 people
These two projects are part of the modernisation of our resort's sports facilities, following on from the work that saw the creation of the Bains de Villars 5 years ago.
The work is scheduled to be completed in December 2022.
The fitness and sports centre construction site is progressing well. It will be stopped in 2 weeks in order to respect the summer break and to open the outdoor swimming pool.
We are currently in the demolition and earthwork phase. Visits by the public are therefore prohibited for safety reasons.
We have therefore to postpone the first site visit, originally scheduled for Wednesday 14 July, to a later date.
Site visits will be organised on the following dates
- Saturday 28 August 2021 at 10am: inaugural visit with presentation of the project and a drink upon registration with the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScoV6esTGI2noOFNnJjb6uxPXM8LVQCmBloZpuVSmq11y2vJA/viewform?usp=pp_url
- Saturday 11 December 2021 at 10am - 10.30am - 11am - 11.30am
- Saturday 30 April 2022 at 10am - 10.30am - 11am - 11.30am
- on Saturday 27 August 2022 at 10.00 - 10.30 - 11.00 - 11.30